LET'S GET OUTSIDE
FREE TO THE PUBLIC
PENOBSCOT RIVER TRAILS
*ATTENTION VISITORS OF PRT*
WE ARE OPEN!!
Visitor’s of PRT, beginning May 26, 2020 we are allowing mountain bike traffic on our trails.
*Please take note that our Visitor’s Center is not currently open at this time, so please continue to register outside of the building.
*Our Visitor’s Parking lot is open
*All trails are open for biking/walking
*Please adhere to the Maine State Social Distancing Guidelines
*There are NO bike rentals at this time
PENOBSCOT RIVER TRAILS OFFERS
- World Class Facility with 25 kilometers (15.5 mi) of Mountain Bike and X-Country Ski trails – With 15 kilometers (9.3 mi) of Snowshoe trails, in pristine, untouched riverside wilderness.
- Carriage Trails laid with Crusher Dust
- Pisten Bully Snow Groomer with Tiller for Olympic Quality Ski Trails
- Visitor Center with Wood Burning Stove and Heated Restrooms
- Two Warming Huts along the Riverside Trail with Wood Burning Stoves
- Home of the Maine Outdoor Education Program for Elementary School Children since 2012
- Year-Round Multipurpose Recreation including: Hiking, Biking, XC Skiing, Snowshoeing, and Paddling.