LET'S GET OUTSIDE
FREE TO THE PUBLIC
PENOBSCOT RIVER TRAILS
OPEN SEVEN DAYS A WEEK – DAWN TO DUSK
Visitor’s of PRT, beginning JULY 10, 2020 we have mountain bike rentals available, by cash donation at our Visitor’s Center.
*Our Visitor’s Center is open Thursday through Sunday, 9AM to 3PM throughout the remainder of July, and August (weather dependent).
*Our Visitor’s Parking lot is open.
*All trails are open for biking/walking.
*Please adhere to the Maine State Social Distancing Guidelines.
*Please continue to use the Vault Bathrooms available in the parking lot, and at the warming huts to limit use inside of our Visitor’s Center.
PENOBSCOT RIVER TRAILS OFFERS
- World Class Facility with 25 kilometers (15.5 mi) of Mountain Bike and X-Country Ski trails – With 15 kilometers (9.3 mi) of Snowshoe trails, in pristine, untouched riverside wilderness.
- Carriage Trails laid with Crusher Dust
- Pisten Bully Snow Groomer with Tiller for Olympic Quality Ski Trails
- Visitor Center with Wood Burning Stove and Heated Restrooms
- Two Warming Huts along the Riverside Trail with Wood Burning Stoves
- Home of the Maine Outdoor Education Program for Elementary School Children since 2012
- Year-Round Multipurpose Recreation including: Hiking, Biking, XC Skiing, Snowshoeing, and Paddling.