Extraordinary Riverside Wilderness
FREE TO THE PUBLIC
PENOBSCOT RIVER TRAILS
Beginning Sunday, November 5th at last light, PRT will close
all trails and facilities until ski season begins.
Please note that all rental ski equipment is unavailable until we begin grooming operations. We will update when we re-open for cross-country skiing!
PENOBSCOT RIVER TRAILS OFFERS
- World Class Facility with 25 kilometers (15.5 mi) of Mountain Bike and X-Country Ski trails – With 15 kilometers (9.3 mi) of Snowshoe trails, in pristine, untouched riverside wilderness.
- Carriage Trails laid with Crusher Dust
- Pisten Bully Snow Groomer with Tiller for Olympic Quality Ski Trails
- Visitor Center with Wood Burning Stove and Heated Restrooms
- Two Warming Huts along the Riverside Trail with Wood Burning Stoves
- Home of the Maine Outdoor Education Program for Elementary School Children since 2012
- Year-Round Multipurpose Recreation including: Hiking, Biking, XC Skiing, Snowshoeing, and Paddling.