LET'S GET OUTSIDE
FREE TO THE PUBLIC
PENOBSCOT RIVER TRAILS
OPEN SEVEN DAYS A WEEK – DAWN TO DUSK
Visitor’s of PRT, we are currently offering mountain bike rentals by cash donation at our Visitor’s Center.
Bikes and Helmets are located in the back parking lot of the Visitor’s Center.
*Our Visitor Parking lot is open.
*All trails are open for biking/walking.
*Please adhere to the Maine State Social Distancing Guidelines.
*Please continue to use the Vault Bathrooms available in the parking lot, and at the warming huts to limit use inside of our Visitor’s Center.
PENOBSCOT RIVER TRAILS OFFERS
- World Class Facility with 25 kilometers (15.5 mi) of Mountain Bike and X-Country Ski trails – With 15 kilometers (9.3 mi) of Snowshoe trails, in pristine, untouched riverside wilderness.
- Carriage Trails laid with Crusher Dust
- Pisten Bully Snow Groomer with Tiller for Olympic Quality Ski Trails
- Visitor Center with Wood Burning Stove and Heated Restrooms
- Two Warming Huts along the Riverside Trail with Wood Burning Stoves
- Home of the Maine Outdoor Education Program for Elementary School Children since 2012
- Year-Round Multipurpose Recreation including: Hiking, Biking, XC Skiing, Snowshoeing, and Paddling.