PENOBSCOT RIVER TRAIL RULES
Penobscot River Trails is a nature preserve which is privately owned by a family funded Maine registered charitable foundation.
Visitors are welcome provided that they adhere to the following rules:
- All visitors are required to register at the Visitor Center to use the trails.
- Pets are prohibited.
- Biking is one way – Please head north on the Riverside Trail and south on the Tote Road.
- We invite walkers, hikers, and strollers to share Long Logan Loop and Silver Maple Trail.
- Access to hand-carry and parking is available at Hay Brook Canoe-Kayak facility adjacent to the entrance of PRT.
- Picnicking is permitted outdoors and in designated warming huts. All food, drink and other waste must be carried out. No camping, fires, or cooking allowed anywhere on PRT lands.
- No dogs or pets of any kind allowed.
Visitors who violate any of these rules will be asked to leave the preserve immediately and will not be allowed to return, nor will their vehicle be permitted to return.
It would be very much appreciated if visitors remove debris from trail and trash inadvertently dropped by other visitors.
There is no charge for use of the trails in 2021-2022, we are donation only.